What is intuitive wisdom?
It is that knowing sense we get that captures the true picture of what’s happening before there is any real evidence.*
For example, years ago I was standing at my kitchen window washing dishes and gazing out at the back yard when a sudden sense of foreboding came over me. I stopped what I was doing and focused on what I was feeling to sort out what it was and what it meant. In a flash I had a sense that my young son was in trouble.
He was at the playground with friends but I felt an urgency to go to him. I stopped what I was doing and headed for the playground knowing the route he would take. I was half way there when I saw him pedaling his bike toward me like his life depended on it. Then behind him I saw three older boys on bikes chasing him. As soon as they saw me they stopped and turned around. Whew!**
How did I intuitively know something was amiss?
Three wisdom sources aligned to send a flash of insight:
1. Knowing Wisdom – Everything we have experienced in our lives is embedded in our bodies, recorded emotionally in our memories, and processed spiritually in our heart. We have access to that wisdom. The truth of what I know comes through my lived experience as a woman.
2. Soul Wisdom – Each of us has entered this world with an inner map of who we are and why we are here. Like the seed that contains the pattern and rhythm of what the tree is to become, this core essence is the “soul map”, containing the pattern and rhythm of our wholeness, with purpose and direction and seasons. And because I am a woman, my “soul map” of inner knowing follows a pattern specific to my gender – a gender that has been evolving for eons – and we have access to that wisdom.
3. Divine Wisdom – There is a Wisdom Source beyond our personal experience and beyond our understanding of patterns and rhythms that orchestrates the synchronicities in our lives that cannot be explained logically. I have come to perceive this Divine Source of Wisdom as a Feminine Force fully present and engaged with this world, offering immense love and care for all inhabitants.
So as a woman, standing at the sink doing dishes, suddenly sensing my son was in danger, I connected with these three wisdom sources:
- My current life experience on this earth as a woman,
- My soul map of inner knowing as a woman/mother,
- And my belief in a Feminine Wisdom Source fully present and engaged in the well-being of all life.
I name this alignment of guidance the Wisdom of the Feminine.
For me, the Wisdom of the Feminine is communicating insight and direction in all situations. To access the guidance streaming from each wisdom source, I had to learn their communication systems. And, like learning any new language, that took time and practice.
In my next blog I will share some basic steps on how to become aware of the Wisdom of the Feminine offering guidance in your life.
Share Your Story
When have you had a flash of insight and suddenly knew the true picture of what was happening before there was any real evidence? Share your comments in the section provided. Follow this blog to receive each post in your email.
*Lampmann, Teresa T. The ABC Path toward True Wisdom: A Woman’s Guide to Trusting What She Knows in Her Heart Is True. “Integrated Intuition”, Bloomington: Balboa Press, 2017. P 63-65. This chapter offers the science that supports women are biologically designed to intuitively sense what is happening.
**In my chapter, “Integrated Intuition” I give this same example but do not disclose the woman telling the story was me. Since it isn’t appropriate to share someone’s story without permission, I used my own experience as typical of the many intuitive stories women have shared with me.
Teresa Lampmann completed a certificate program in women’s spirituality in 1998 and two certificate programs in spiritual direction, one in 1997 and recently in 2015. Her book, The ABC Path toward True Wisdom, offers stories, reflections, and personal rituals to engage women in trusting their heart for the truth about what matters most in their lives.
For a private spiritual direction session.