The real gift of trusting our intuitive wisdom when facing challenges or seeking direction is in making decisions we know are a true fit for our personal journey, our purpose, our passions. This isn’t easy in a world where women’s values, needs, and desires are often dismissed as secondary to the patriarchal values, needs, and desires that have guided our world for centuries.
Having the courage to be true to ourselves is a commitment to trust our intuitive wisdom. The stronger our connection with our inner wisdom, the more likely our decisions will align with the truth of who we are and what we have to offer. The more we live into our truth as women, and fashion our lives to be the joyful expression of our values, our talents, and our passions, the more likely our “happily ever after” will become possible. This is what our world desperately needs right now to come into balance.
Are you ready to strengthen your connection with the Wisdom of the Feminine? There are three systems of communication that form the matrix I call the Wisdom of the Feminine.
- Knowing Wisdom – your embodied wisdom communicating through body sensations and emotions – what you feel physically and emotionally
- Soul Wisdom – your inner blueprint containing the pattern and rhythm of your wholeness communicating wisdom through images and symbols you access when awake or asleep
- Divine Wisdom – the mystical wisdom communicating through synchronicities – unexplained coincidences – that affirm you are part of a larger plan and purpose.
This matrix of the Wisdom of the Feminine is fully engaged in your well-being.
When you pay attention to communications from this matrix of intuitive wisdom, you develop confidence in understanding the messages delivered through your body, emotions, dreams, actions, and coincidences. You grow to trust that the insights being offered are true for you and your path to happily ever after.
*The first step is to become aware of the Wisdom of the Feminine offering guidance in your life. Try this:
- Select a time and place where you will not be disturbed and can sit quietly for 15 minutes.
- Get comfortable with your feet flat on the floor and inhale and exhale deeply three times, relaxing after each breath.
- When you feel relaxed, briefly recall recent activities or events and as each surface in your mind, notice the sensations in your body. These are signals related to the events.
- Select the activity or event that seems to have a strong affect on you. Focus on that event and tune in to the physical sensations it is creating in your body.
- What part of your body is reacting? What is the physical sensation? What are you feeling emotionally?
- Ask yourself, “What is the connection between my body’s reaction, what I am feeling, and the event that took place?”
- Sit quietly to allow time for a thought or image or connection to surface. This invites your “Knowing Wisdom” to connect with your “Soul Wisdom” and tap into Divine Wisdom to generate a metaphor from deeper and deeper intuitive levels.
Assume that whatever surfaced is a metaphor that holds an insight relevant to what’s happening in your life. Avoid editing what surfaced, censoring it, or reworking it. Simply invite the Wisdom of the Feminine to reveal the relationship between what surfaced during that quiet time and the event you chose to work with. If the connection doesn’t come right away, let it go. Sometime in the next couple of days, it will become clear.
In my next blog I will answer the question, “How can I trust I understood the message correctly?”
Share Your Story
Where in your body did you receive a signal? What metaphor surfaced to offer you insight? Share your comments in the section provided. Follow this blog to receive each post in your email.
*Lampmann, Teresa T. The ABC Path toward True Wisdom: A Woman’s Guide to Trusting What She Knows in Her Heart Is True. “Body Bonus”, Bloomington: Balboa Press, 2017. P 27-31. This chapter explains how to establish a regular routine for listening to the signals your body transmits and why it matters.
Teresa Lampmann completed a certificate program in women’s spirituality in 1998 and two certificate programs in spiritual direction, one in 1997 and recently in 2015. Her book, The ABC Path toward True Wisdom, offers stories, reflections, and personal rituals to engage women in trusting their heart for the truth about what matters most in their lives.
For a private spiritual direction session.